Thank you for joining us! This year’s meeting was held virtually on November 18th from 6:30-8:30pm. The meeting recording & updates are below:
Our community met on November 18th to talk about future projects, what we’ve done in the past year, and to select our need community leaders.
This year’s meeting was hosted virtually. Click here to read the board resolution on this new election procedure.
Click here to view a recording of the annual meeting.
Click here to view the annual meeting presentation as a PDF.
Click here to meet our new board members!
Interested in re-imagining SECIA or being a part of our work? Contact Jessica at [email protected] for more information.
6:30PM – Welcome to the Annual Meeting
- Introductions – SECIA Board Members, Executive Director, Interns, SECIA members and guests
- Welcome & Opening Remarks – Outgoing SECIA Board President, Karl Smith
- Preview of Zoom Annual Meeting agenda & logistics
6:45PM – State of SECIA Slideshow – 2020 SECIA Staff and Board Report
- Community Project/Activities/Events – Updates/Highlights
- Reimagining SECIA – first steps
7:20PM — Launch of Reimagining SECIA: Mini-forum
- SECIA Priorities polling – large group (5 min)
- Breakout groups for small group discussion on Reimagining topic, TBD (e.g., “What can we do to make SECIA more welcoming and inclusive?” or “What improvements would you like to see in our Community?”) (20 min)
- Small groups report back (10 min)
7:55PM — Recognition of SECIA board service & contributions
- Outgoing SECIA board members: Karl Smith, Wendy Menken, (others?)
- Special Recognition of Lifetime Contributions: Joan Menken
8:05PM –SECIA membership and Board Elections
- Review of remote elections process & timeline
- Guidelines for membership
- Nominating Committee Board Slate
- Call for Board Nominations from the Floor
- Recap remote voting instructions
8:25PM – General Q & A, Announcements of upcoming SECIA community forum events
8:30PM – Meeting adjourns; remote voting opens at close of meeting, through December 2, 2020